Energy summit 2022
Energy Summit in Bosnia and Herzegovina 2022 was organized by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through the Energy Policy Activity Project (USAID EPA), the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), the EU Delegation to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), and the British Embassy Sarajevo.
The Energy Summit in Bosnia and Herzegovina 2022 brought together the decision-makers and relevant actors in the sector, who, during six panels, eight technical workshops and working group meetings, discussed much-needed reform of the energy sector and BiH’s path to the clean energy transition. A special focus of the Energy Summit was the active participation of Bosnia and Herzegovina fight against climate change and related challenges to the implementation of the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) and National Energy and Climate Plan (NECP). It was concluded at the Energy Summit in BiH 2022 that BiH must accelerate its energy transition from the use of fossil fuels to renewable energy sources and that this process will require the development of new strategies, plans, policies and the implementation of legislative reforms at all levels of government. One of the key requirements for the success of this process is to improve communication between the executive and legislative authorities as to allow for synchronized action and faster and easier decision-making. Conclusions from this year’s Energy Summit in BiH 2022 can be found here: https://energetskisamit.ba/en/conclusions/
As in previous years, the Energy Summit is organized under the auspices of the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the State Electricity Regulatory Commission, the Federation Energy Regulatory Commission and the Republika Srpska Energy Regulatory Commission.
More information on the Energy Summit in Bosnia and Herzegovina 2022 can be found here: https://energetskisamit.ba/en/
- Obligations of Bosnia and Herzegovina (NDC, Sofia Declaration, Clean Energy Package, NECP) – Admir Softić, Assistant minister, Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations BiH
- Energy Sector Reform, Status, Challenges and Potentials – Mak Kamenica, Chief of Party, USAID Energy Policy Activity
- Instruments and programs for facilitating and accelerating the decarbonization process in Bosnia and Herzegovina – UNDP, GIZ, USAID
- Importance of integration into regional natural gas market for security of supply – Nicolas Kuen, International Relations Officer, DG ENER (online via Zoom)
- Introductory presentation, Risks and risk management strategies at electricity market – Marko Bislimoski, President, Energy Community Regulatory Board (ECRB)
- Rules and Guidelines for operation of networks in EU – Edin Zametica, State Elerctricity Regulatory Commission (SERC)
- Guidelines for amending distribution grid codes – Dalibor Muratović, USAID Energy Policy Activity
- Implementation of ENTSO-E grid codes for connecting to the BiH Grid code – Vojislav Pantić, Independent System Operator in BiH (ISO BiH)
- Guidelines for Power system generation and Guidelines dfor electricity balancing – Obrad Škrba, Independent System Operator in BiH (ISO BiH)